Sunday, December 10, 2006

A SL Work in Progress

Curious about how an ambitious Second Life project and builder develops? Take a look at the blog of Second Life avatar Kel Adria.
I got the idea from looking at (I think) Verrie's blog. He made a comment about conceptual art.
Hence, I would love to build a room of illusions.
Here is a visual update on what I've been doing. I still need some code to make the planets rotate on an invisible prim... which would mean making my planets phantoms (so they don't smack into people).

From just a few months ago: Hmm, I wonder if there's something like a "Second Life for Dummies" book for sale? Because I'm simultaneously ahead of people (with designing and altering clothing), slightly off-track with scripting (but working on it), and completely hand/eye coordination challenged (when I try to build anything in the world... I mean, why do you need to click back and forth between rotation and edit? Snippets from Kel Adria blog
Technorati Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, there is an SL For Dummies coming soon. Me and my good friend Sarah Robbins (aka Intellagirl) are writing it as we speak...err..comment.

Should be out by the end of August (we hope).

Ryan Hupfer

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post and the first response are hilarious! I'm Kel Adria in the SL world! Although, I am a bit out of touch with SL since the winter. It's interesting to realize that people do read blogs. Lovely!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home